Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions:
When can I call the Customer Service Department?
- Our Customer Service Department is available Monday-Sunday 9AM – 5PM Pacific Time. You can call us at 1-800-538-3604. The Customer Service Department is closed during all major holidays. While we love to chat, we can respond faster and after hours if you send us an e-mail.
Do you match prices with other retailers?
Yes! We not only encourage you to explore our site, but our competitors as well!
There are some qualifications that need to be met:
- OMCgear and the other site must both have the identical item in stock. This includes Style, Color, Year, and Size.
- Due to dealer restrictions, the site must be based in the United States.
- Price difference must be more than one (1) US dollar in order to price match.
- A price match will only be honored for up to three of the same item.
- We cannot price-match promotions or coupons including but not limited to Free Shipping, Amazon Fulfillment, expedited delivery, rewards points, cash back, or other limited promotions.
- All items must be in NEW condition.
- Prices listed on auction or local sites are excluded. This includes but is not limited to eBay, Craigslist, myBids, quiBids, or any other auction-style site.
- If you find the price on one of our competitors sites, contact us with details within 14 days of placing your order and we'll credit the difference back to the payment method you used.
- We will need the details of where you found a lower price in order to verify the price difference.
- Return exceptions: Items may be returned if the items are in NEW, UNUSED condition and have all original tags/packaging attached.
- For safety and sanitary reasons, we are unable to accept returns on load-bearing climbing equipment, clothing worn next to skin, helmets, harnesses, sleeping bags, climbing safety items, and outlet items.
- If you mail in a return with excluded items, they will be returned at your expense.
Do you charge sales tax?
- Short answer: When shipping to certain states, yes.
- Long Answer: As the internet evolves as a viable place of commerce, each state has been given the burden of enforcing and collecting sales tax from companies that have "physical presence" in their state. The United States Supreme Court has decided that "Physical Presence" is something that can be defined by each and every state. Depending on what state you live in, and how they define "physical presence", you may or may not be charged sales tax. For orders that you are NOT charged sales tax, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY BY LAW to remit sales tax on internet purchases.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- OMCgear.com currently accepts PayPal, American Express, Discover, Visa, and MasterCard. We do not accept checks, cash, or money orders at this time. Some countries will have forms of payment restricted to PayPal only. Please be aware that a free PayPal Account may be required in order to pay for your order.
What are the International payment options?
- In order to help protect against fraud, we may require additional credit card verification, or payment through PayPal. Our customer service team may contact you by e-mail or phone to verify a small pending refund/charge placed on your credit card to ensure your identity. You can skip this verification process by paying with PayPal. PayPal requires that international payments ship to their verified billing address.
Questions About Returns:
How do I return an Item?
- Well, that's a bummer, but we're here for you 100% of the way. Here's the details on returns:
- We accept returns for up to one (1) full year. Items returned within the first 60 days will receive a refund to your payment card. Refunds after 60 days will be issued as a store credit or gift card.
- Please include all original packaging, tags, and boxes with your return.
- New items must be returned in a new and unused condition.
- Payment will be reversed within 72 hours of when we receive the merchandise. This time is used to inspect and re-merchandise the product.
- If we shipped you an item in error, let us know as soon as possible so we can fix it for you. You can contact our customer service team to get this resolved.
- Please Note: We do not refund shipping and handling charges.
Do I need a Return Authorization Form to start a return?
- OMCgear isn't going to make you jump through an extra hoop just to get you the gear that works the best for you. Ship your order back with your order invoice and we'll take care of the rest.
How do exchanges work?
- We don't have the ability to offer exchanges at the moment, so you'll need to contact customer support by phone or by e-mail. In order to perform an exchange in our current system, you will be directed to return the original item, and place a new order. When we receive the original order back we will issue a refund to your payment method.
How do I modify my order?
- Please contact customer support by e-mail or by phone at: 1-800-538-3604 to inquire about changing your order. If the order has not yet been marked shipped, we will be happy to make any changes. If the order has shipped, the changes must be made as a merchandise return or a new separate order.
Questions About Shipping:
I have more than $50 in my cart, why am I still being charged for shipping?
- Some items are tagged as oversize, and require additional shipping and handling. These items do not qualify for the free shipping offer.
How do I track my order?
- You will receive an order confirmation via e-mail once your order has been received. In addition, a shipping confirmation e-mail will be sent once your order has been processed and shipped. This confirmation will include the tracking number for your package. Once tracking has been added to your order, you can track that order from the order details page.
How quickly will I receive my order?
- All in stock items are shipped within 1 business days after your order is placed. All orders are shipped from our warehouse in Portland, Oregon. When free shipping is selected, OMCgear will decide the most efficient carrier for your shipment. Free shipping packages should arrive within 2-6 business days, shipments bound for Alaska and Hawaii may be subject to a delay of 1-3 business days.
What is your Holiday Shipping Schedule?
- Holidays are a very important time for each and every one of us. We aren't expecting ANY shipping delays this holiday season, but a maximum of 48 hours delay may happen. Expedited shipping options are rushed to the front of the line and will not see any delays. If your order is time sensitive, select this option at checkout.
How will my package be shipped?
- When standard shipping is selected, OMC will decide the most efficient carrier for your shipment. Carriers that are used are United Parcel Service (UPS), Fed Ex, and United States Postal Service (USPS). Rates are subject to change, but shipping charges are subsidized in order to pass along our volume discount.