Designed for classic mountaineering, the SUMMIT ice axe offers an excellent balance between price and performance. It is lightweight and offers good anchoring performance of both the head and the spike; it is curved to offer necessary clearance for steep ice; it can be used in piolet-canne or piolet-rampe mode as well as in piolet-traction mode on short, steep sections.
- Compact: measuring 50 cm, the GLACIER LITERIDE is as compact as it is light, and therefore easily transportable on a pack.
- Lightweight ice axe, but with enough weight in the head for good anchoring power
- the upper part of the shaft is curved to offer good clearance when climbing
- the lower part is straighter and guarantees efficient penetration in snow
- pick is thin (3 mm) and toothed at the tip, ensuring good anchoring qualities in hard snow and ice
- pick is thicker in the middle to favor anchoring in soft snow
- teeth on upper part of pick strengthen the hold on the ice axe in piolet-rampe mode
- durable spike in stainless steel for very good penetration in hard snow and in piolet-canne mode
- very durable steel adze offers a comfortable support surface, and the design of the edges allows stairs to be carved efficiently
- tilted adze directs the axe correctly into the snow (piolet-canne usage)
- head and spike equipped with holes for clipping a carabiner or attaching a sling
- high-quality aluminum shaft (7075 aluminum, used in aeronautics), with anodized finish for excellent protection
- handle is cut into the adze to create a better grip
- Certification(s): CE, UIAA