Welcome to one of the most sophisticated footbeds on the market, Downunders by Walkabout International. They are very close fitting, not unlike the full contact your foot experiences when walking barefoot in sand. But they are not rigid! It is recognized by foot specialists that the foot should not be held in a rigid position, it is meant to flex and move. And like sand, as you run, jump, skate, edge, just rock back and forth on your feet, Downunders will flex slightly while still maintaining that full contact. Comfort comes from the force being spread out over a larger area, stability comes the ergonomically positioned contours.
- Constructed of EVA and natural cork, the Ultra Walker is softer under foot and has the best ability to mold to your feet under use. Most popular with hikers, walkers, and those who stand on concrete
- Dynamic heel cup: the deep heel pocket captures a large area of the calcaneus (heel bone) and its fat pad, centering heel position and cupping the pad to spread forces out and protect from injury
- Forefoot arch support: Tear Drop bubble bolsters the natural transverse (metatarsal) arch shape, supporting the complex structure of the forefoot by separating the metatarsals and soft tissue in between
- Self molding Active Arch: longitudinal arch contour provides neutral support to the arch without making the foot rigid. Normal and healthy pronation is facilitated while limiting over-pronation
- Easily trimmed with scissors to fit inside shoes