After a few years on the market, the Altai Hok (pronounced hawk) skis have proven themselves to be easy to ski and a reliable tool in the backcountry or the back 40. Its short, wide dimensions makes the ski incredibly maneuverable, and the integrated climbing skin gives the Hok great traction for climbing. The included Xtrace pivot universal bindings add about 1.5 inches of adjustment length and it improves the touring a bit (depending on the boot) because it has a hinge behind the toe piece.
- Features a synthetic climbing skin integrated into the base of the ski
- Steel edges for durability and control
- Light weight cap construction
- Sustainable paulownia wood core reinforced with a combination of organic natural fibers and fiberglass
- Available in two sizes, 125 cm and 145 cm. 125 is best all around, 145 is for big skiers and deep snow
- Universal Pivot bindings included will fit boots from women's 7 to men's 14
Giving a good rating now, but the snow is gone so will try out next winter. But they look perfect