The name spells it out, the Objective BC ski from Voile is an AT ski for skiers with an objective. A summit attempt, a springtime Sierra traverse, hut hopping in Europe. Taking a cue from Rando race boards, the Objective has functional downhill capability but the design emphasis is on rapid transit. Seriously light, and the more trad sidecut means the ski won't be hunting for a turn when the goal is going straight. The BC pattern base is much like a good Nordic touring ski and balances grip with glide. This base doesn't replace the need for skins, but a savvy snow country traveler might be faster taking a few switchbacks on the climb instead of stopping to put on or take off skins. Just remember that it is a skimo ski and not a snowshoe, meaning that you can still whoop it up on downhills.
- Traction pattern scaled base means you only need skins on the steepest climbs
- Very light, a 171cm pair weighs under 4lbs 10oz
- Sidecut in 171cm is 115-82-99mm; sidecut is proportioned in each length
- Sizing suggestion/skier weight: 164cm/90-140lbs; 171cm/120-150lbs; 178cm/140lbs+
- Construction of Paulownia wood laminate, Carbon weave, rubber foil, and an anti-ice topsheet
- AT bindings only! Use of quiver killers or telemark bindings will void warranty