As mountaineering becomes more athletic, the boots must deliver traditional performance but add in features to allow faster movement. The Raven 3 GTX from Salewa is such a design - stable in loose scree, stiff enough to stand on a small rocky ledge without folding up, protective enough to allow step-kicking in stiff neve snow without losing toenails. The use of modern synthetics brings down the weight considerably, and the clever 3F System creates support without adding excess restriction of movement. Gore Tex lining to tackle wet conditions, of course, and Vibram WTC outsole for traction. Made for fast and light mountaineering but taken all together this is also a great product for off-trail backpacking.
- A lightweight, technical mens mountaineering boot with an abrasion-resistant fabric upper and waterproof GORE-TEX® protection
- 3F System allows easy movement and great support
- Vibram WTC sole has great all around traction, and the smooth zone at the front promotes precise footwork on rock
- Stiff nylon insole is bolstered with carbon fiber
- Rubber rand and TPU toe cap protect your feet and the boot in off trail rocky conditions