Helmets have become an inescapable part of ski safety and yet backcountry skiers all too often strap them on their packs during the skin up. The pack does not have a brain to protect, and who thinks that avalanches only happen on the way down? Backcountry Access developed the BC Air ski helmet to be light enough and comfortable enough to wear on the way up as well as the way down. And if you think about the time savings when ripping skins, not having to don a helmet might mean you get the first turns. Light, ventilated, with integrated headlamp clips and a Boa quick adjust fit system.
- Incredibly light at 340g/11.9oz (size small)
- Boa adjustment system
- Removable ear pads to reduce bulk while retaining the fit system
- EPS foam liner molded directly onto the polycarbonate shell keeps the weight down
- Channels on the inside surface of the EPS direct air flow between your head and the helmet, removing moisture and excess heat for all-day comfort
- ASTM F2040-18 certification
- Headlamp clips